Career Opportunities: Service Consultant Trainee(x106) (4243)
Requisition ID 4243 – Posted 27/02/2023 – Region (6) – Location (15)
Job Description Print Preview
Apply Save Job Email Job to Friend Return to List
Position Reports to: Operations Manager
Division: Service & Delivery Geographies
Location: North West (x23), Limpopo (x10), Mpumalanga (x13), Free State/ Northern Cape (x30), Eastern Cape (x30)
Advert Closing Date: 3 March 2023
About the Position
- Ensure that all face-to-face, voice, inbound and outbound queries across all tax products are promptly, effectively & efficiently answered or resolved.
- Attend to all multi-channel account enquiries received, in respect of outstanding debits, credits, penalties & interests with regards to all taxes.
- Communication of transactional outputs and queries in area of work.
- Identify problems, apply known solutions in line with procedures or guidelines and escalate unresolved problems.
- Plan and organise own work in an effective and efficient manner to reach agreed performance objectives.
- Report on transactional activity progression within set guidelines to provide timely information for decision making in area of accountability.
- Deliver on contracted performance objectives according to set procedures and agreed service level agreements.
- Embrace change initiatives and positively contribute to the success thereof within area of accountability.
- Ensure quality of work content, quick turnaround, prioritise, minimise mistakes and continuously improve quality, service, and standards.
To handle inbound and outbound scripted and partially scripted service requests across tax products from 1 – 2 interaction channels in compliance with SARS policies and procedures by consulting with clients, facilitate query resolution, maintaining taxpayer and trader profiles, registering and de-registering taxpayers, taxpayer education, debt collection up to a civil judgements and outstanding returns, thereby ensuring enhanced service delivery and compliance.
Education and Experience
Minimum Qualification & Experience Required
- NQF Level 6 and above qualification in Taxation, Accounting or Finance (Relevant National Diploma / Advanced Certificate/ Degree/ Postgraduate)
- 2 years customer service experience
- Handle inbound and outbound (scripted service interactions) through 1-2 channels interactions for all tax products, in compliance with SARS policies and procedures. (E-mail, Face to Face, Digital Channels, Virtual, Education and Promotion).
- Maintain the profile of existing taxpayers, register new taxpayers, code and subsequently deregister taxpayer on SARS core system in order to enhance taxpayer services.
- Follow-up on non-compliance at an entry level to enhance taxpayer service and improve taxpayer compliance.
- Receive, sort, register, process, and distribute all documentation to relevant business units, to enhance taxpayer services.
- Contribute to a culture of service excellence, which builds positive relationships and provides opportunity for feedback and exceptional service.
- Ensure client satisfaction by engaging and delivering a service that is consistent, seamless, quick and error free.
- Active Listening– Concentrates on client. Listens without interrupting
- Communication Skills– Able to communicate effectively with others
- Computer Literacy– Able to effectively handle Microsoft Office programmes. Able to effectively capture and interpret transactions on all relevant SARS systems for area of work.
- Customer Relationship Management- Applies concepts of knowledge and skill and requires guidance but not constant supervision
- Customer Understanding– Implements administrative processes for the gathering of client information
- Efficiency Improvement– Contribution towards process and team efficiency
- Financial Acumen– Knowledge and understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures
- Handling difficult calls – Able to diffuse difficult situations with patience and a willingness to help
- Product Knowledge– Knows product and service futures well, able to match customer needs accordingly
- Query Resolution– Knowledge and application of query resolution methodology and principles
- Standard operating procedure compliance – Demonstrates the relevant level of knowledge of and compliance with relevant standard operating procedures
- SARS Systems Products – Knowledge and understanding of tax laws
- Tax Knowledge – Knowledge and understanding of tax laws
Grade of Clearance: GOC Confidential
The Employment Equity policy of SARS will be considered as part of the recruitment and selection process and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will be required to undertake an oath of secrecy, pre-employment screening, case study, pre-assessment, psychometric assessment and or vetting, and a declaration of private interest. The appointment is also subject to appropriate reference(s) and security clearance where applicable.
How to apply
Click here to apply online for SARS: Service Consultant Trainee / Internships 2023