Function Patient Services
Facility Life Anncron Hospital
Position Laundry Supervisor
A vacancy exists for Laundry Supervisor based in Laundry department at Life Anncron Hospital, reporting to Services Manager, Jonathan Kok. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing routine work operations in the internal laundry and to assist in supervising the operations at the laundry.Critical Outputs
- Production management.
- Daily and monthly linen counts and capturing.
- Trains and cross-trains employees in order to promote work methods and the quality and quantity of work accomplished
- Schedules work assignments according to workload. Effective people and labor hour management
- Professional handling of customer queries incorporating detailed investigations and the provision timeous feedback.
- Supervises staff in the laundry’s soiled and clean side and drive production efficiencies.
- Maintain quality standards of linen and equipment
- Managing wards linen rooms
- Ensuring sufficient linen levels in the wards
- Grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years proven leadership.
- Experience in laundry services in a hospital will be considered to be an advantage
- Knowledge of infection control, health and safety procedures is an advantage.
- Knowledge of volume laundry methods, materials, and practices.
- Knowledge of health and safety hazards present within a laundry unit and effective precautionary measures.
- Sound knowledge of stock control in a similar environment or role
- Computer proficiency
- Must be able to work under pressure in a continuously changing environment
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgement
- Attention to detail
- Engaging diversity
- Professional and technical proficiency
- Excellence orientation
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
- Action orientation
- Ethical behavior
- Lead by example
Closing date Friday, March 10, 2023
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.