An opportunity exists for a Laboratory Assistant to join the team at our St. Georges branch in Port Elizabeth. We are seeking an individual who displays a high level of ethics and integrity while consistently aligning with the PathCare values.
KEY COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS
- Grade 12 (Matric)
- Registered with the HPCSA as a qualified Laboratory Assistant in Clinical Pathology
- Computer literate
- Relevant experience in a busy specimen reception department
- Experience with handling challenging queries and clients
- Experience with sending and receiving samples using Meditech shipping batches
- Experience with managing on hold list and incomplete reports.
- Experience with providing telephonic results
- Experience working on Meditech
- Client-focused with excellent attention to detail
- Display initiative and the ability to problem-solve
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work under pressure, independently as well as in a team
- A positive attitude & flexible work-style
- Receipt and processing of specimens
- Distribution of specimens and maintain acceptable TAT.
- Specimen preparation
- Handling of queries
- Shipping specimens to reference laboratories
Your contribution to the company will be rewarded with a market-related remuneration package which includes a retirement fund contribution and risk benefits (Group Life and Disability cover), annual bonus, competitive maternity benefits, health care allowance, discounted pathology tests, payment of HPCSA/SANC annual registration fees and developmental opportunities at the PathCare Training Academy.
How To Apply
Applicants who meet the criteria and are interested in joining our dynamic team are required to complete the attached application form and submit this together with a CV to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday, 17th March 2023
Please note: by applying for this position, your application will be subject to verification checks of your driver’s licence, ID document, qualifications/proof of registration, credit and criminal checks if required. Candidates must be willing to participate in a rigorous evaluation process.
All qualified candidates including people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.