Pharmacist Assistant – Qualified Post Basic
Facility Life East London Private Hospital
Position Pharmacist Assistant – Qualified Post Basic
A vacancy exists for a Pharmacist Assistant-Qualified Post Basic based at Life East London Private Hospital, reporting to Sazi Mkunqwana, Pharmacy Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that the quality pharmaceutical services, financial objectives, legislative compliance and people management requirements are achieved to the required standards
- Receiving, checking and unpacking stock together with checking orders against invoices
- Acquisition, control and distribution of stock to internal units
- Controlling of surgical and pharmaceutical stock in pharmacy
- Processing of credits and stock transfers.
- Performing cycle counts and stock takes as well as capturing stock takes and investigating variances.
- Liaise with nursing staff and doctors on formulary, stock and medical queries.
- Participate in facility’s quality programs and initiatives
- Liaise with Pharmacy and Quality Manager as Health and Safety Representative
- Grade 12
- Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant’s qualification with post basic experience and approximately 2-3 years’ experience within the healthcare industry
- Relevant experience in pharmacy to meet the critical outputs
- Current registration and in good standing with South African Pharmacy Council
- Basic understanding of labour legislation, financial and change management principles
- Understanding of the private / public healthcare industry, it’s challenges and role players would be an advantage
- Computer proficiency (MS Office)
- Understanding of Good Pharmacy Practice
- Effective communication skills, written, verbal and good presentation
- Problem-solving, good initiative, analysis and judgement
- Good Planning and organizational skills
- Application of ethical principles
- Customer responsiveness and teamwork
- Resilience and critical thinking
- Understanding Cost control
Closing date Thursday, March 16, 2023
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.
External employment application form