Function Patient Services
Facility Life Cosmos Hospital
Position Admission Clerk
A position has become available for a committed individual to join Life Cosmos Hospital, Mpumalanga as an Admission Clerk reporting to the Admissions Supervisor, Petro Prodehl.
The successful candidate will contribute to the effective functioning of the admissions department and become part of a professional team that continuously strives for the highest standards of quality in Life Healthcare.Critical Outputs
- Providing prompt, courteous service to all patients, visitors, wards, doctors, colleagues, and other hospitals.
- Admitting all patients accurately on the Impilo System in accordance with LHC protocol and procedures.
- Manage the collection of co-payments, private fees
- Application of funder rules related to hospitalization will be advantageous, example benefits, co-payments
- Liaising with medical aids to obtain authorization for all admissions/pre-admissions.
- High standard of completion of documentation.
- Telephone answering duties as per LHC policies.
- Receiving and handling of cash according to company cash management protocols.
- Confirm correct A&E billing and manage the release of accounts.
- Candidate needs to be flexible with regard to working hours including night duty, weekends, and overtime.
- Grade 12 Qualification and computer proficiency – test could be performed.
- Strong customer service ethic and ability to work under pressure – multitask.
- Knowledge of IMEDS and Impilo is a requirement
- Reliable, motivated, and hardworking
- Accurate handling of cash (ITC check will be performed)
- Understanding of the private healthcare industry, its challenges and role players would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of funder rules related to hospitalization will be advantageous
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Engaging diversity
- Verbal & written communication and presentation
- Drive & energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships
- Customer responsiveness
- Organisational awareness
Closing date Monday, November 13, 2023
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.