Important Points

Please Note:

  • Apply on time as it can take up to 8 weeks for the final certificate to be issued (Please note we do issue a provisional letter within 3-5 working days after the funds reflect on our bank statement.  This letter can be used to apply for admission to public universities and private HE institutions)
  • We cannot issue any type of exemption on grade 11 results
  • We do not accept documents certified by a commissioner of oaths, all documents have to be certified by a NOTARY PUBLIC, THE REGISTRAR of a South African Public Higher Education Institution or the SA EMBASSY/HIGH COMMISSION in a foreign country.
  • The exemption fee is non-refundable and payable up-front.  We cannot process any application without proof of payment.
  • We cannot issue a certificate based on faxed, scanned, e-mailed or incorrectly certified documents.  A provisional letter will however be provided.

The fact that you may qualify for a certificate of conditional or complete exemption does not imply that the university is obliged to admit you since you may not have satisfied the faculty requirements.

Applying for an Exemption

There are various ways in which you can apply for an exemption certificate.

  1. VISIT OUR OFFICES at the first floor, Block E, Hatfield Office Park, 1267 Pretorius Street, Hatfield, Pretoria. Our office hours are 07:30 to 15:00.
  2. POST your correctly certified documents to Universities South Africa (USAf) (Matriculation Board), PO Box 3854 Pretoria, 0001.
  3. COURIER your correctly certified documents to Universities South Africa (USAf) (Matriculation Board),  first floor, Block E, Hadefields Office Park, 1267 Pretorius Street, Hatfield, Pretoria.
  4. APPLY ONLINE Should you wish to apply online please have the following documents available to attach to your application. PLEASE NOTE you will still have to post or courier us your correctly certified documents once you have been accepted at a University.
  5. We need the following  correctly certified copies of documents to process your application and issue a provisional letter or certificate:
    1. Proof of Payment
    2. M30 application form (can be downloaded from this site)
    3. ID/Passport/Brith Certificate 
    4. Marriage certificate or divorce decree (if applicable)
    5. School leaving certificates and any post-school qualifications (if applicable)

Please do not make a payment unless instructed to do so as this is a NON-REFUNDABLE fee.

To apply please complete the form below. If you would prefer to download the .pdf document, please click here to download Application Form M30

PLEASE NOTE:  The exemption fee is non-refundable.  If you obtained your NSC post-2008 and did not complete a post-school qualification please do not apply for exemption as your exemption type is indicated on the certificate,

Exemption for degree studies is needed for applicants who intend to register at:



Start the online application at the following link:

PLEASE NOTE that you will still have to post or courier us your correctly certified documents once you have been accepted at a University.


Leave a Reply

Avatar placeholder

Your email address will not be published.

error: Content is protected !!