CITY OF TSHWANE
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FROM REGISTERED POST BASIC PHARMACIST ASSISTANTS (30 POSITIONS) TO SUPPORT PHARMACEUTICAL SERVICES IN CITY OF TSHWANE CLINICS FOR A CONTRACT PERIOD FROM 18 JULY 2022 TO 30 JUNE 2023
The City of Tshwane renders comprehensive primary healthcare services at its clinics. The service requires medicine to be available and dispensed to patients as prescribed by authorised clinicians. These requirements can be achieved by the employment of Post Basic Pharmacist Assistants.
This initiative is in support of the National Health Insurance pilot that aims to improve access to high-quality public sector healthcare services.
• Grade 12 certificate
• Registered with the South African Pharmacy Council as a Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant in institutional or community sector pharmacy
• Acquainted with the standard operating procedures and policies of institutional pharmacy and primary healthcare standard treatment guidelines
• Must have current working experience at primary healthcare facilities
• No criminal record or dismissal for misconduct at previous place(s) of work
The Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant will be expected to work under indirect supervision and still work within the scope of practice performing the following duties:
• Applying stock control
• Ensuring proper storage of medicine
• Dispensing medicine
• Ensuring appropriate use of medicine
• Conducting dispensary administrative functions
• Participating in pharmacy education programmes
• Supporting ward-based outreach team services in the community
R22 108,89 per month
The Post Basic Pharmacist Assistants will be contracted through a City of Tshwane contract.
Individuals who meet the qualifying criteria must express their interest by sending a brief profile of themselves, a summary of their experience and their contact details to Mr Thabang Malesa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ENQUIRIES: Thabang Malesa (012 358 8769)
CLOSING DATE: 13 JULY 2022 AT 12:00