An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training.
The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
• This Vacancy is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg Community
• Interested applicants are invited to apply for the positions listed in the circular.
• Complete the online job application form and attach all relevant documents (Certified Qualification/s, ID, and CV)
• You will be requested to provide a brief description of your work experience relating to the vacancy.
• Applicants with membership to professional bodies need to provide membership number and expiry date
• If you are an internal applicant, your employee number will be required.
• The City of Johannesburg reserves the right not to make an appointment.
• Appointments will be made in accordance with the COJ Employment Equity policy and People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• The City of Johannesburg is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants are respectfully informed that, if no notification of appointment/response is received within six (6) weeks of the closing date, they must accept that their application was unsuccessful. By submitting your application for a position at the City of Johannesburg, you are consenting that the personal information submitted as part of your application may be used for the purposes of the Recruitment and Selection and related process.
INTERNSHIP CIRCULAR 005/2022
City of Johannesburg
This Vacancy is open to YOUTH in the Johannesburg
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Transport Department has the following Internship opportunities available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months
BRANCH: Transport Transformation
(Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R8 329.27 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
(Enrolled as a student): R3 500.00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Old Mutual Building, 75 Helen Joseph Str, Jhb
• Grade 12/ NQF level 4
• Diploma in Transport Management/ Diploma in Administration Mgt (NQF level 6)
• Confirmation letter from an institution.
• Computer literate in all Microsoft Office Applications – Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ages between 18 – 35 years; and
• Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Assisting the staff with general office duties including, but not limited to, research, data entry, filing and general coordination.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
• Assist in the general administration work for Directorate.
• Submit administration work performed on applications.
• Problem analysis and solving, Office administration procedures and Customer service.
• Computer Literacy, Excellent Communication and Organising skills.
Contact Person: Rutanda De Klerk
Tel No: (011) 032 6625
PLEASE APPLY USING THE FOLLOWING LINK BELOW, ONLY ONLINE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED: https://share.hsforms.com/1N7V7K6ebRaa4iq7RcdSZZA469tl
APPLY ONLINE VIA WEBSITE: www.joburg.org.za
CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY, 22 APRIL 2022