Job Application for
Dental Assistant – Woodhill
Intercare Group South Africa
Intercare is a dynamic healthcare company focusing on offering value-based healthcare to patients. As ambassadors of the Intercare brand, everything we do is guided by our purpose to make people feel better. Our shared values of People-centred, Integrity, Inclusivity, Excellence and Innovation define what we believe and who we are.
- Work within the realms of the scope of practice and knowledge base in relation to current trends and advances to maintain competency level.
- Takes personal accountability for decisions made and actions taken and/or omissions in the course of care delivery.
- Ensure the dental room is hygienically acceptable and that sterilization and infection control protocols are adhered to with regards to instruments and equipment.
- Assist dentist in all clinical procedures according to branch protocol.
- Coordinate laboratory work including but not limited to completion of lab slips, collection, returning and casting.
- Control availability of consumables and equipment in dental room as well as the monitoring the economical usage thereof.
- Engage and interrogate concerns brought to his/her attention in order to provide safe dental practices.
- Grade 12
- Completion of approved training course in dental assisting, or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous experience in a customer focused service environment will be advantageous.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office).
- Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of general dentistry as applied to assisting a dentist in the treatment and care of patients.
- Advanced knowledge of dental terminology.
- Basic understanding of the functioning of dental healthcare environment.
- Good knowledge and application of infection control principles and sterilization techniques.
- Knowledge of treatment codes used in dentistry in doing quotations for advanced dentistry treatment procedures.
- Specialised dental procedures.
- GoodX experience will be advantageous
- Registered with HPCSA as Registered Dental Assistant.
HOW TO APPLY
* Intercare is an equal opportunity employer, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
* We encourage and support COVID-19 vaccinations, and job applicants can submit proof of their vaccination status.
CLOSING DATE: 17 JUNE 2022