Dis-Chem: Learnerships 2022 / 2023
Dis-Chem Pharmacies invites South African unemployed youth to apply for Dispensary Support Learnership Programme 2022 / 2023.
Learnership Application Closing Date: 26 August 2022
Learnership Location: Pretroria, Gauteng
Dis-Chem Pharmacies has an opportunity available for a Dispensary Support Learner to join the team. The
main purpose of this is to employ learners who are capable of doing and completing the learner basic
pharmacist assistant course.
This course will equip learners to understand the underlying principles of all of the major areas related to
the pharmaceutical environment and dispensing and promotes the notion of quality on the job learning.
Include but not limited to:
- The sale of Schedule 1 medicines or scheduled substances.
- Assist with the unpacking and merchandising of stock and cleaning of dispensary and OTC shelves
- approved by the responsible pharmacist.
- Any other duties assigned to them by the Dispensary Manager.
- Ensure accurate picking / packing / labelling and checking of medication and be aware of common
- dosages as well as important drug interactions.
- Ensure that all medications, are checked for accuracy by a pharmacist and signed by a pharmacist.
- Follow up with patients regarding script tracking report as requested by the dispensary manager and
- follow up appointments.
- Assist with call centre scripts and patient service telephone calls.
- Provide information to individuals in order to promote health.
- Assist with scheme authorization of chronic, HIV and AIDS and oncology medication.
- Report on low – / out of stock levels and stock errors to the dispensary manager.
- Receive dispensary stock in accordance with the SOP set out by the company.
- Grade 12 with Mathematics (HG), Life Science/Physical Science
- Obtained at least an average of 50%
- English and 2nd language – Read, write and speak.
- Time management, deadline driven, dealing with pressure, attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, listening, customer service/focus, problem solving, team player, conflict management, leading by example, accountability, professional conduct, trustworthy and honest.
- Computer, numerical skills.
For South African latest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Jobs Go To Tade-Recruit.com