Facility Border Region
Position Driver – EL Laundry
A vacancy exists for a Driver, based at the Laundry in East London reporting to the Laundry Manager, Marentia Smith. The successful candidate will be responsible for the rendering of a quality service including transporting and collecting linen to the respective hospitals. The candidate should have skills to communicate in a professional manner with the public and client. Passion for people and work environment and assertiveness is needed.Critical Outputs
- Do hospital trips as per authorisation
- Co-ordinate trips to eliminate unnecessary traveling
- Driving standards as per SHEQ requirements
- Maintain the vehicle, i.e. cleanliness
- Check and report faults to ensure roadworthiness
- Be able to work under pressure
- Be able to work with people (customer care)
- Valid code C1 driving license + PDP
- At least three year’s experience as a driver
- Proficiency in English (talk, read and write)
- Accuracy with figures
- Grade 12 certificate
- Ability to work flexible hours / overtime according to operational requirements
- The candidate should have the ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Problem-solving, analysis and judgment
- Computer literacy would be an advantage
- Verbal & written communication skills
- Drive and energy
- Excellence orientation
- Ethical behaviour
- Building relationships & networking
- Customer responsiveness
Closing date Thursday, April 14, 2022
Internal applicants – Before making an application, you are requested to discuss your application with your line manager. External candidates will also be considered.
Explore our vacancies and find the right opportunity for you. Download the application form and email to the relevant contact person specified in the job advertisement.
Life Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Please note that Life Healthcare has a mandatory Covid vaccination policy.
Only vaccinated external candidates will also be considered.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date of this advert, should consider their application as unsuccessful.