EPWP Fire Fighters Intake 2022
The Dinokeng Game Reserve Management
Association will be managing the Natural Resources Management Project
Dinokeng Game Reserve on behalf of the Dinokeng Project as governed by the Provincial Government and the EPWP guidelines. The project will consist of vegetation, veld and fuel management for a period of 9 months, August 2022 – April 2023
Salary: 6 500 – R8 000 per month
All Personal Protective Equipment will be provided.
The DGRMA will be appointing 22 Contractors to execute NRM duties for the Contract period and will consist of:
- x7 Operators
- xl 5 Applicators [General Workers
- Vegetation management that will relate to land management, fire management, alient plant control and general environmental management duties.
Requirements and skills:
- Youth appointments only, between the ages of 18-35
- Be physically and medically fit:
- Males: Able to run 2.4km within 12 minutes, 40 push-ups in 1 minute, 40 situps in 1 minute and 7 pull ups.
- Females: Able to run 2.4km within 14 minutes, 40 push ups in 1 minute, 40 situps in 1 minute and 7 pull ups.
- Must have at least Grade 10 (NQF 2). Grade 12 Certificate will be advantageous
- Any technical certificate to operate machinery will be advantageous for example brush cutter and chain saw (Please provide proof)
- Any experience working with technical equipment and / or herbicide application will be advantageous (Please provide proof)
- Clear criminal record
- Be able to communicate well in English both verbal and written communication
- Must be responsible, disciplined and able to work in a team
- Be self-motivated, honest and reliable
- Ability to learn tasks in a short period of time
- Abide by all safety policies and procedures
- Be able to work under difficult physical conditions
Background checks will be done and successful appointment will be on condition of a clear criminal background.
Application Process — Attend the
Physical fitness and Practical
Date: 10 August 2022, Wednesday
Venue: Ndlovu Gate — Dinokeng Game Reserve, Hammanskraal
Time: Strictly 08:00
Please bring the following:
- SA Identification
- Proof of Address