Higher Certificate courses that offered at University of South Africa (UNISA)
Opening date: 01 September 2022
- Higher Certificate in Accounting Sciences (98201)
- Higher Certificate in Adult Basic Education and Training (98615)
- Higher Certificate in Animal Welfare (90098)
- Higher Certificate in Archives and Records Management (98577)
- Higher Certificate in Banking (98225)
- Higher Certificate in Criminal Justice (90006)
- Higher Certificate in Economic and Management Sciences (98237)
- Higher Certificate in Education Foundation Phase and Intermediate Phase (90093 – FIP)
- Higher Certificate in Education Senior Phase and Further Education and Training Teaching (90093 – SPF)
- Higher Certificate in Insurance (90013)
- Higher Certificate in Law (98751)
- Higher Certificate in Life and Environmental Sciences (98366)
- Higher Certificate in Marketing (98229)
- Higher Certificate in Mathematics and Statistics (90129)
- Higher Certificate in Physical Sciences (90101)
- Higher Certificate in Retailing (90014)
- Higher Certificate in Social Auxiliary Work (90011)
- Higher Certificate in Supervisory Management (90015)
- Higher Certificate in Tourism Management (98226)
The three core business areas of Unisa are teaching, research and community engagement. Our world-class research is spearheaded by the Research, Postgraduate Studies, Innovation and Commercialisation portfolio and community engagement by our Community Engagement and Outreach Policy. We also place great importance on the celebration and promotion of our African arts and culture through various endeavours.
Get practical: How to select your qualification
You have now identified the qualifications linked to your career interests and future planning. The next step is to choose the qualification(s) for which you want to apply. This will enable Unisa to evaluate your application and advise you of the outcome.
Unisa’s undergraduate qualifications are offered at different NQF levels. You can apply for admission to two qualifications, so you may want to apply for a lower-level qualification in addition to your qualification of choice. If you want to apply for admission to a Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) degree, for example, you may also want to apply for a higher certificate in the College of Economic and Management Sciences to ensure that you meet all the relevant admission requirements. As you progress with your application, you will get a better understanding of the qualification(s) for which you qualify for admission.
If you have completed a higher certificate and want to apply for admission to a diploma or degree, please click here for the list of related qualifications. Please note that completion of a lower-level qualification, such as a higher certificate, is not a guarantee that you will be admitted to the higher-level qualification (eg diploma or bachelor’s degree), as spaces are limited.
Click here for more information about Unisa’s general admission requirements (including equivalency tables for applicants who wrote matric before 2009 and applicants with foreign qualifications).
Offering study opportunities close to 400 000 students from across South Africa, Africa and other parts of the world, Unisa offers a diverse choice of study fields at levels from certificate to degree.
Management at Unisa is ultimately responsible for creating an environment and culture that is conducive to the attainment of the university’s vision to be the African university shaping futures in the service of humanity. Part of this responsibility lies in determining the mission, values, goals, objectives, strategies and policies that will safeguard and promote this vision.
For South African latest Internships, Learnerships, Apprenticeships and Jobs Go To Tade-Recruit.com