Job Application for Fitter – VKB Engineering Services
Posted 09 November 2023 – Closing Date 17 November 2023
VKB Agriculture (Pty) Ltd is a dynamic agricultural company in the Northeast Free State with interests in Limpopo. This organization, which strives towards healthy and modern business practices offers employees the opportunity to utilize and develop their knowledge and skills in a competitive work environment. We offer you the opportunity to establish yourself within a professional, corporate environment in the countryside.
- Grade 12 or NQF4.
- N3 Mechanical engineering.
- Valid Fitter & Turner Trade Certificate.
- At least 5 years’ proven experience in welding will serve as recommendation.
- Valid driver’s license.
- A willingness to work overtime, shifts and weekends when required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with breakdowns and assist with the reduction in downtime periods within the relevant operational unit to limit unnecessary costs.
- Install, maintain, and repair all mechanical equipment and systems at the relevant operational unit.
- Report on breakdowns to management and record it on daily log sheet.
- Ensure job cards are filled in correctly and signed off by relevant manager.
- Dismantle, assemble and repair or replace faulty equipment and defective parts.
- Continuously do fault-finding and problem- solving on mechanical equipment.
- Visual inspection of parts on a daily basis.
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety requirements.
- Good communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Team player.
- Able to work under pressure.
- The company can expire jobs at any time at their own discretion.
- VKB Group and/or its subsidiary companies will use any personal data collected through the job opportunities section of this website for recruitment purposes only and, should your application be successful, for purposes connected with your employment.
- Things to take note of when applying through our Career Portal.
- Use Google Chrome when accessing the portal
- Clear copy of your CV in either PDF or Word
- The CV should not have handwriting on the document
- NB! Only Submit your CV on the Upload CV section of the application form and not a PDF that includes other documents such as ID, Driver’s License and other documents. The application form will make provision for the candidate to upload supporting documents.
- When uploading profile picture, make sure the minimum size uploaded is 300 x 300px
HOW TO APPLY
For additional employment opportunities, please explore our website for a wider range of job listings.