Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Company: Sanlam Group
Who we are
Safrican is a respected life insurer with a footprint in South Africa and a subsidiary in Eswatini. Safrican has over 2 million principle lives covered and more than 7 million lives assured, The Company has grown from strength to strength since 2004.
- Responsible for switchboard, telephone inquiries and greeting visitors.
- Responsible for directing visitors to the correct place, offering and supplying them with refreshments as they wait.
- Matric (grade 12)
- Clear Credit and Criminal records
- At least one years’ work experience within a customer facing role
Working Requirements and Knowledge
- Computer Literacy
- MS Word (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Product knowledge
- Listening skills
- Telephone etiquette
- Be the first point of contact for all visitors and staff, offering superb customer experience.
- Operating the telephone switchboard;
- Answering and transferring calls to appropriate departments and/or persons
- Receiving letters, packages, and sending them to the appropriate destination
- Where required, prepare and manage incoming and outgoing mail.
- Ensure that the cleanliness and tidiness of the reception and common areas are maintained at all times, and escalate any concerns.
- Ensuring all safety procedures and/or control access procedures are maintained via the reception desk
- Promote and maintain excellent customer service
- Provide support to client services and facilities departments
Behavioural Competencies, Skills and attributes
- Attention to detail.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem solving
- Sound judgement
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to multi task
- Client centric
Our commitment to transformation
Safrican is committed to achieving transformation and embraces diversity. This commitment is what drives us to achieve a diverse, inclusive and equitable workplace as we believe that these are key components to ensuring a thriving and sustainable business in South Africa. Safrican Employment Equity plan and targets will be considered as part of the selection process.