Administrator Board Secretariat
Park: Groenkloof (Head Office)
The Organisation requires the services of an Administrator: Board Secretariat. This position will report to the Board Secretary and will be based at SANParks Head Office in Groenkloof, Pretoria.
- Be in possession of a National Diploma in Admin / Secretarial / Office Management.
- A CIS qualification will be an advantage.
- Should have 5 years of work experience in an administrative/secretarial environment and another 2 years of experience at senior or Board level.
- Must be willing to travel occasionally.
- Knowledge of drafting minutes.
- Knowledge of providing administrative support at senior level preferably within a company secretarial department.
- Knowledge of manual and electronic filing systems.
- Knowledge of basic understanding of Public Finance Management Act (PFMA)
- Conflict management.
- Be able to maintain confidentiality (high level).
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Computer and listening skills.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail skills.
- Coordination and drafting minutes skills.
- Drafting minutes and Board reports.
- Draft quarterly reports to the Board as and when required..
- Maintain registers, and records including statutory records..
- Compile and translate data and information in order to provide and communicate information for decision-making, reporting storing, and planning..
- Compile meeting packs..
- Ensure proper filing of all documentation..
- Provide effective end-to-end administration for Board and Board Committee meetings..
- Provide administrative support to the Board Secretary..
- Perform financial, procurement, and other office administrative functions..
- Assist in the preparation of the budget for the Board and Board-related activities..
- Monitor budgets, reconcile, and report items of concern..
- Other related ad-hoc tasks..
- Coordinate travel arrangements for Board members and Board Secretary..
- Arrange meetings and other events..
- Effectively plans, schedules prioritizes and controls activities..
- Coordinate maintenance requirements relevant to the work environment..
- Manages own time effectively.
- Respond to queries and inquiries and provide relevant information..
- Ability to work independently and under pressure..
R 308 193 – R 503 388
HOW TO APPLY
Interested persons who meet the above-stated qualifications should forward their applications which should consist of a cover letter, detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualification(s), and Identity Document (certified within 3 month period) to the following address:
Human Resources Division
SA National Parks
PO Box 787
Fax: 086 295 4078
Closing Date: 13 November 2023
If you have not received a response within 21 days of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.