Trainee Traffic Officer
Ref No: RTMC/RTT/2022
The Road Traffic Management Corporation (RTMC) has established a Trainee Traffic Officer program, which is at NQF Level 6, which runs over a period of three (3) years. Anyone who is interested to be part of this program is welcome to apply.
The successful candidates will be required to undergo a training program that runs for a period of three (3) years. As such, they will be required to enter a three (3) year contract with the
RTMC. The training program will take place in Gauteng Province or any other suitable training venue identified by the RTMC. Accommodation, meals, study material, stipend will be
provided to successful candidates.
Candidates must be prepared to learn about all related field and information concerning traffic law enforcement and road safety. These will include attending classes as well as field related training.
To qualify for the NQF Level 6 Trainee Traffic Officer Program applicants must meet the
• A minimum qualification of a National Senior Certificate or National Certificate
Vocational passed at Diploma adequate achievement i.e., level 4 (50% to 59%) and
above. Candidates with a post-matric qualification will also be considered.
• Code B driving licence (manual transmission)
• No criminal record
• South African Citizenship
• Completed prescribed medical form by a registered medical practitioner as proof that
the candidate may do strenuous exercise
• Must be under the age of 35 on the closing date of the advert
Candidates are required to note the following:
• Fitness assessments will be conducted during the recruitment process
• Driving assessment will be conducted during the recruitment process
• Qualification and criminal record verifications will be conducted during the recruitment
• Medical assessments will be conducted prior to enrolment to the programme
Guidelines for applying:
- To apply please submit:
• A letter of application (no prescribed template), accompanied by a recent Curriculum
• Completed prescribed medical form that the candidate can do strenuous exercise.
• Certified copies of qualifications, identity document and driving license. These copies
must be certified within a period of three months from the advert closing date.
- Applicants are required to clearly indicate:
• The province from which they are applying from where they will be assessed during
the recruitment process. This should be clearly indicated on the letter of application.
• The reference number for the position they are applying for on the letter of application.
Applications must meet the above requirements to be considered. If the application does not meet the above requirements, it will be automatically disqualified.
Candidates should also note that detailed information on the above is available on the RTMC website under vacancies.
Applications must be forwarded via email to: email@example.com , or by post to Postnet Suite 186, Private Bag X4, Menlo Park ,0102
Closing date: 24 April 2022, and no late applications will be accepted.
The RTMC reserves the right not to make an appointment. Due to the large number of applications, we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you have not received any response from us within 3 months, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Enquiries: 011 318 018
Trainee Traffic Officer